If you’re planning a vacation with the family, you need to find suitable activities for everyone. Fortunately, there are plenty of fun things to do in Dallas with kids, so you all can have a great time.
Kid-Friendly activities in Dallas
- Dallas Zoo
Home to more than 2,000 animals, the Dallas Zoo is the largest zoological park in Texas. Exhibits include the Endangered Tiger Habitat, Penguin Cove and the Chimpanzee Forest. You can also take a 20-minute safari.
- Perot Museum of Nature and ScienceThe Perot Museum of Nature and Science in downtown Dallas provides fun-filled yet educational entertainment for children of all ages. Interactive permanent exhibits include a robot designer, earthquake simulator and athletics skills test.
- McKinney Avenue Trolley
When you need a break from all the walking you’re doing, hop on the McKinney Avenue Trolley for a ride through uptown. These vintage trolley cars are free to use, and they’re available every day of the year.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical GardenAt the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, you do more than walk around the meticulously landscaped grounds. Children can also play in the rooftop garden complete with treetop walkways, bouncy houses and mazes.
- Dallas Museum of ArtThe museum has a family program initiative, including free activities like family totes and gallery guides. Totes include activities that help make the museum more interactive for the entire family.
- Klyde Warren Park
One of the more popular things to do in downtown Dallas with children is burning off energy in Klyde Warren Park. This urban green space has a jungle gym and splash pad for the kids along with a putting green, ping pong tables and lawn games.
- Bahama BeachJust 10 minutes south of downtown, you find Bahama Beach Waterpark owned and operated by Dallas Park & Recreation. The park contains an interactive water playground for small children, as well as slides, a lazy river and swimming areas.
- Pioneer Plaza
Dallas’ past and present meet at Pioneer Plaza. Here you can see native plants trees along the river, but the real draw is the collection of bronze statues positioned as a cattle drive. Let the kids see how the early settlers worked with cattle.
- Speed ZoneWith four speed tracks, a full arcade and miniature golf course, Speed Zone is a racing-themed park where everyone can let loose. You can experience the thrill of drag racing and drift racing or get the whole family out on the Thunder Road family race track.
- Dallas World Aquarium
Another downtown attraction, the Dallas World Aquarium lets you get up close with sea creatures, reptiles and penguins. This facility spans three buildings that include a replica rain forest as well as aquaria filled with sea life from around the world.
- Texas Horse ParkJust 15 minutes from downtown, Great Trinity Forest offers an escape from the city life. Here the entire family can enjoy a horseback trail ride through the forest with shots of the skyline in the distance.As you make plans for your family vacation, consider vacation rentals located near the most popular places to visit in Dallas, Texas. This gives you more time to explore the city and make memories with your family.