Couples can experience romance in Destin, Florida, complete with the sultry, warm climate and the alluring Gulf Coast waters. Make your trip one to remember long after it has ended. Here are five ideas for romantic getaways in Destin, FL.
- Show Your Romantic Side – Find your ideal rental property by researching online and have flowers delivered before you get there. Look for amenities like a hot tub, fireplace or outdoor fire pit and a two-seated swing with romantic possibilities. Destin, Florida, vacation home rentals will list amenities on their website and in printed brochures. If you have a screened porch, balcony or deck, the two of you can watch the sunset together. Few things equal romance quite like a picturesque sunset.
- Plan A Date Cruise – Reserve a spot one of the cruises that leave out of the harbor. A fireworks cruise is offered in the summer months. Sip a glass of wine or have a beer while seeing a fireworks display over the water. You and your loved one take a sunset dinner cruise with dancing for the ultimate date night. The cruises are popular with tourists, so make reservations ahead of time.
- Candlelight Dinner – Make dinner reservations at an upscale Destin restaurant and dine by candlelight. Restaurants with high patron recommendations include Beach Walk Cafe at Henderson Park Inn, Marina Cafe and Captain Dave’s on the Gulf. All three have waterfront views that add to the ambience. Toast each other with some bubbly and have a decadent dessert to round out your dinner.
- Beach Vibes – Many Destin, Florida, condo rentals are located on the beach, making it easy for you to step outside to put your toes in the sand. Take a walk hand-in-hand and go shelling together. You’re never too old to build a sand castle. Pack a picnic and find a secluded spot on the beach. Be sure to pack up comfortable beach chairs and an umbrella. Your condo or rental home may supply the chairs and tents as well as a wagon for toting the beach items. Spend the entire day at the beach savoring each other’s company.
- Treat Yourselves – Go off the grid from technology and leave the cellphones at your vacation home. Schedule a spa day to get away from any stress so you can fall into complete relaxation. Get a couple’s massage, facials or pedicures together at a spa like The Spa at Emerald Grande. Try the increasingly popular float therapy at Float Brothers Float Spa. After pampering yourselves, finish off the day with a yoga session. You can find a list of beach yoga opportunities online.