Taking a couple’s vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee? The Smoky Mountains provide a romantic setting for couples to get away from it all. Choose from different types of Gatlinburg lodging to suit your personality and your agenda. Each of you can make a list of what you want and don’t want in your vacation rental. Compare the lists and start looking for the ideal combination.
Here’s how to book a romantic Gatlinburg vacation
- Research OnlineResearch on VacationRenter to find Gatlinburg cabin rentals tucked on a mountainside or by a stream where you can be alone and away from crowds. See what they offer, compare prices and check the locations carefully. Mountain cabins let you open the windows to the cool mountain air with the sound of a trickling stream or birds chirping. Gatlinburg boasts nearly 900 miles of trails, so you can step outside of your cabin and get some hiking in during the day.
- Read ReviewsRead reviews to decide if you want to be secluded or in the action. Downtown Gatlinburg hotels and vacation rentals are located in the hubbub offering a convenient location for local attractions and restaurants. Check reader reviews to determine the best fit for your trip and what places got the highest marks. Attractions to consider in the downtown area are the Guinness World Records Museum, a comedy show at Iris Theater or riding up in The Space Needle. See Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies or Ripley’s Haunted Adventure. Best of all, you can probably walk to most of it from your hotel or rental home.
- Consider PerksResorts in Gatlinburg, TN, usually include pools, exercise facilities and restaurants on the grounds. There are many of them, so compare amenities, location and recommendations from people who stayed in the resorts before to decide if this is the best type of accommodation for you two. Many of the resorts have spa services that are usually available to those not staying at the resort too. Get a soothing couple’s massage, facials or pedicures. This is a chance to pamper yourself and your mate. Toast your day of pampering with champagne before you leave.
- To Cook or Not to CookChoosing your lodging preferences might include a kitchen, grill and cooking equipment. However, you can take a break from cooking and doing the dishes by experimenting with some of the restaurants in Gatlinburg. For down-home cooking in a rustic setting, vacationers recommend Timbers Log Cabin Restaurant and Trish’s Mountain Diner. Pizza and Italian fare can be found at Big Daddy’s Pizzeria and Taste of Italy. Taste local beer at Smoky Mountain Brewery where you can also get pizza. Stop in at Parton’s Deli to get picnic grub to-go for a romantic dinner dining under the stars.
- Be ActiveIf you two want to be active on vacation, there’s so much to do to keep moving year-round in Gatlinburg. Alpine skiing in the winter and stay in a skiing lodge next to the slopes. Go whitewater rafting in the summer and stay in a woodsy cabin. See the leaves changing in the fall and do some bird-watching before heading back to a cozy lodge. Try horseback riding in the spring and stay in the outskirts of town.