Planning a family-friendly vacation to the Florida panhandle that starts with a great place to stay, like Destin, Florida condo rentals on the beach. Then, choose a few favorite activities and everything just falls into place for a getaway that delivers both fun and relaxation. Destin started as a fishing village turned tourist destination. It’s even called “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” by some and “The Emerald Coast” by others. There’s much more here to enjoy than just fishing, though, including outdoor activities, nightlife, shopping and the arts.
- Fishing – Destin’s rich history as a fishing village is celebrated in many spots around town, such as the Destin History & Fishing Museum and the various fishing boats you can charter along the boardwalk. You can explore the fishing artifacts and check out the mounted trophies. Tours are your choice of guided or self-guided to give you the chance to meander through at your own pace.
- Outdoor Recreation – Outdoor recreation enthusiasts may want to choose Destin rentals that are close to favorite venues, like one of the area’s three golf courses. All three courses are located just off of U.S. Highway 98 near Henderson Beach State Park. There are also 13 beach access points along Destin’s Emerald Coast, where guests can soak up the sun, splash in the water and enjoy sports like snorkeling and diving.
- Nightlife – Destin’s peaceful, easy pace becomes energized at night with bright lights and places to enjoy the nightlife scene. Enjoy a late dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants or hit some clubs to dance the night away. For a more sedate evening out, you can visit the theater or take in a live show. Dinner cruises and piano bars are also fun ways for adults to enjoy an evening in Destin.
- Shopping – The boardwalk is a part of Destin where you can enjoy a variety of activities. You could charter a boat and watch dolphins playing in the warm water, you could strap yourself in for parasailing and see the beach from new heights or you could put on some comfortable shoes and go shopping in the boutiques for souvenirs from your trip. If you prefer mall shopping, you head to the Crystal Beach Plaza or the Destin Commons.
- The Arts – Choose a vacation rental near a venue like the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation to make it easier to celebrate your appreciation of the arts. The Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation hosts events throughout the year featuring the creations of local artists and performances by local musicians.