Where to stay in Cape Town
If you’re considering a trip to Cape Town in South Africa, you’ve come to the right place. There are 6,383 holiday homes available all over Cape Town, and we’re confident you’ll find a property that meets your needs and your budget. Affordable South Africa vacation rentals in Cape Town start at a nightly rate of $5, with 20% of properties priced under $43 per night. Whether you’re on the hunt for short term rentals near Boulders Penguin Colony, a pet-friendly house close to V&A Waterfront, or a place that also gives you close access to Pretoria — our mission is to help you find exactly what you need. VacationRenter offers a wide selection of vacation homes from top travel websites such as Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a solo travel expedition, planning the ultimate South Africa honeymoon, or going on a family vacation for 8, we can match you with a vacation rental in Cape Town that sleeps everyone comfortably. Before you know it, you’ll be packing your bags for your trip to South Africa!
Vacation house with a pool or hot tub in Cape Town
Pet friendly vacation homes in Cape Town
Where Is Cape Town in South Africa?
A city, seaport, and legislative capital of South Africa, Cape Town is the capital of the Western Cape province. Cape Town lies at the most southwestern point of Africa, on the northern end of the Cape Peninsula.
What Is Cape Town, South Africa Known For?
As one of the most historically significant cities, there are few better places to wander aimlessly than Cape Town. Home to some of the most important events and public figures in world history – including apartheid and Nelson Mandela – Cape Town is a fascinating blend of both old and new. Additionally, the city is a coming-together of cultural influences, international cuisines, and stunningly diverse landscapes, establishing Cape Town as an unadulterated melting pot. However, this African metropolis offers a lot more than what meets the eye. With the magnificent Table Mountain National Park reigning supreme as the city’s jewel and offering several premiere examples of human creativity and beauty, there are also ample opportunities to kick back at the beach, dine at the world-class restaurants, sip a glass or two of vino and last but not least, relax and enjoy.
Home-types in Cape Town
Cape Town has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Cape Town:
- Condo: 3,393 vacation rentals
- House: 1,834 vacation rentals
- Villa: 476 vacation rentals
- Hotel: 317 vacation rentals
- Bed and Breakfast: 214 vacation rentals
- Private Room: 56 vacation rentals
- Hostel: 34 vacation rentals
- Cabin: 27 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Cape Town
Cape Town has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Cape Town:
- Boulders Penguin Colony: 42,744 vacation rentals
- V&A Waterfront: 42,744 vacation rentals
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden: 42,744 vacation rentals
- Two Oceans Aquarium: 42,744 vacation rentals
- Boulders Beach: 42,744 vacation rentals
- Cape of Good Hope: 42,744 vacation rentals
- World of Birds Wildlife Sanctuary & Monkey Park: 20,446 vacation rentals
- South African Jewish Museum: 20,446 vacation rentals
- Rhodes Memorial: 20,446 vacation rentals
- Robben Island Museum: 20,446 vacation rentals
Price trends in Cape Town
Top destinations in Western Cape
Top destinations in South Africa