Where to stay in Mumbai
VacationRenter offers 799 holiday rentals in Mumbai, and we’re confident that you’ll find a place that fits both your needs and your budget. Affordable vacation homes in Mumbai start at a nightly rate of $3, with 20% of properties priced under $13 per night. Whether you’re on the hunt for a private apartment near Queen's Necklace - Marine Drive, a room close to Flora Fountain, or you’re looking for a place that also gives you close access to New Delhi — our goal is to help you find exactly what you need. Our website lists a wide selection of properties from top travel companies like Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. It doesn’t matter if you’re travelling on your own, planning a romantic getaway to Mumbai, or organizing a trip for a group of 8, we can match you with rental accommodations that sleep everyone comfortably. Planning your dream holiday getaway at a reasonable price has never been this easy! Before you know it, you’ll be picking up an India travel guide to kick off your trip to Mumbai.
Where Is Mumbai, India Located?
The capital city of the Indian state of Maharashtra, Mumbai is situated on the western coast by the bank of the Arabian Sea. Made from a group of seven islands, the most populous city in the country is often referred to as the “Island City.”
What Is Mumbai Famous For?
Famously known as the “City of Dreams,” Mumbai is internationally recognized for several things beyond the glitter and glam of one of the most profitable and biggest film industries on the planet. The home of Bollywood, this Indian city is awash with activity from dusk to dawn and the diverse range of life is what makes this city so fascinating to visit. Mumbai is a city where billion-dollar skyscrapers sit next to polluted slums, and visionary hard-workers mingle with established business luminaries. From exotic birds to stray dogs — if you want to see everything in one place, there is no better place than the city of Mumbai.
Home-types in Mumbai
Mumbai has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Mumbai:
- Hotel: 532 vacation rentals
- Condo: 102 vacation rentals
- House: 67 vacation rentals
- Hostel: 44 vacation rentals
- Villa: 27 vacation rentals
- Bed and Breakfast: 12 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Mumbai
Mumbai has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Mumbai:
- Queen's Necklace - Marine Drive: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Flora Fountain: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Jehangir Art Gallery: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Hanging Gardens: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Thunder Essel world: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Shri Siddhivinayak Mandir: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Mahakali Caves: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Global Vipassana Pagoda: 2,393 vacation rentals
- Bandra Worli Sea Link: 2,393 vacation rentals
Price trends in Mumbai
Top destinations in Maharashtra
Top destinations in India