Where to stay in Sofia
There are 1,325 holiday homes available in Sofia, and we’re confident you’ll find a property that meets your needs and your budget. Affordable Bulgaria vacation homes start at a nightly rate of $6 in Sofia, with 20% of properties priced under $27 per night. Whether you’re seeking a central apartment near National War-History Museum, vacation homes close to Borisova gradina, or a place that also gives you close access to Sofia — our goal is to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Our website features a wide selection of vacation rentals from top travel companies like Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a solo travel expedition, going on a romantic getaway to Sofia, or planning a family vacation for 10, we can match you with a rental accommodation that sleeps everyone comfortably. Before you know it, you’ll be packing your bags for your trip to Sofia in Bulgaria.
Where Is Sofia, Bulgaria?
The capital city of Bulgaria, Sofia is located within the western region of the country on the Sofia Plain, within the foothills of Mount Vitosha. The city occupies a strategic location as it connects the Near East and the Middle East.
What Is Sofia in Bulgaria Known For?
The capital and largest city of Bulgaria, youthfully vibrant Sofia is giving Paris, Rome, and London a run for their money as a target of European city-hopping. Situated in the very heart of the Balkan peninsula, Sofia is a modern city populated by a congregation of onion-domed churches, Ottoman mosques, and Red Army monuments that exude an eclectic, exotic, and east-meets-west vibe. Home to many of Bulgaria's finest museums, galleries, restaurants, and clubs, Sofia is an underrated, undiscovered gem.
Home-types in Sofia
Sofia has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Sofia:
- Condo: 990 vacation rentals
- Hotel: 180 vacation rentals
- House: 95 vacation rentals
- Hostel: 32 vacation rentals
- Private Room: 17 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Sofia
Sofia has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Sofia:
- National War-History Museum: 3,305 vacation rentals
- Borisova gradina: 3,305 vacation rentals
- St. Kyriaki Cathedral Church: 3,305 vacation rentals
- Russian Church "Sveti Nikolay Mirlikiiski": 3,305 vacation rentals
- National Palace of Culture: 3,305 vacation rentals
- "Ivan Vazov" National Theater: 3,305 vacation rentals
- Regional History Museum - Sofia: 3,305 vacation rentals
- Church St. George Rotunda: 3,305 vacation rentals
- St. Sophia Church: 3,305 vacation rentals
- National Museum of History: 3,305 vacation rentals
Price trends in Sofia
Top destinations in Bulgaria