Where to stay in Auckland
VacationRenter offers 2,196 holiday rentals in Auckland, and we’re confident that you’ll find a place that fits your needs and your budget. If you’re in search of affordable holiday homes in Auckland, you’ll be pleased to find that 20% of properties cost less than $68 a night. Whether you’re seeking a central apartment near Cheltenham Beach, holiday apartments close to Rainbow's End, or a place that also gives you close access to Auckland — our goal is to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Our website lists a wide selection of vacation homes from leading travel websites like Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a solo travel expedition, planning the ultimate New Zealand honeymoon, or coordinating a family vacation for 5, we can match you with rental accommodations in Auckland that sleep everyone comfortably. Finding your dream New Zealand vacation home in Auckland has never been this easy!
Vacation house with a pool or hot tub in Auckland
Pet friendly vacation homes in Auckland
Where Is Auckland, New Zealand?
Lying between the Hauraki Gulf of the Pacific Ocean, the southeast Hunua Ranges, the southwest Manukau Harbour, and the western Waitakere Ranges, stands the city of Auckland, New Zealand. The central part of the urban city occupies a narrow isthmus between the Manukau Harbour on the Tasman Sea and Waitematā Harbour on the Pacific Ocean.
What Is Auckland, New Zealand Known For?
Said to be the city of many lovers, according to its Maori name, Auckland is bound to evoke an obsessive adoration for this city that one may never want to leave. Geographically blessed, Auckland is surrounded by sublime nature with harbors, volcanic cones, and fertile farmlands being only some of the treasures gifted by Mother Nature. Climb high enough and you can see how the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean are close enough to touch. Whether you surf the waves, hike through the rainforest or simply chill out, one can see exactly why Auckland is regularly voted as one of the top cities for quality of life and livability.
Home-types in Auckland
Auckland has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Auckland:
- House: 888 vacation rentals
- Condo: 816 vacation rentals
- Hotel: 199 vacation rentals
- Villa: 67 vacation rentals
- Bed and Breakfast: 54 vacation rentals
- Hostel: 37 vacation rentals
- Private Room: 29 vacation rentals
- Cabin: 23 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Auckland
Auckland has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Auckland:
- Cheltenham Beach: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Rainbow's End: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Mount Eden Summit: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Auckland Whale & Dolphin Safari: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Albert Park: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Museum of Transport and Technology: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Auckland Botanic Gardens: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki: 9,144 vacation rentals
- Sky Tower: 9,144 vacation rentals
Price trends in Auckland
Top destinations in New Zealand