Where to stay in Medellin
VacationRenter offers 1,697 short term rentals in Medellin, and we’re confident you’ll find a place that meets your needs and your budget. If you’re in search of affordable vacation homes in Medellin, you’ll be pleased to find that 20% of local properties cost less than $17 a night. Whether you’re looking for hotel rooms near Castle Museum, a private condo close to Lleras Park, or a place that also gives you close access to Medellin — our mission is to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Our website lists a wide selection of rental accommodations from top travel companies like Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a solo travel expedition, planning a romantic getaway to Medellin, or going on a family vacation for 13, we can match you with a vacation rental that sleeps everyone comfortably. Before you know it, you’ll be packing your bags for your trip to Medellin!
Where Is Medellin, Colombia?
Situated in the mountainous Aburrá Valley, the Colombian city of Medellin is the capital of the Antioquia province. As the second largest city in Colombia, after Bogota, Medellin is surrounded by the prominent Andes Mountains, bisected by the Medellin River and surrounded by the northern towns of Copacabana and Bello, in addition to the southern towns of Sabaneta and Envigado.
What Is Medellin, Colombia Known For?
The second largest city in Colombia after Bogota, the city of Medellin is famous for its innovative advances in politics, education, and social development. Evergreen in its beauty and nationally recognized importance, Medellin is ever changing and constantly growing. Located in the narrow Aburrá Valley, Medellin is small in size but large in impact. High-rise apartments and office buildings create a stunning urban cityscape, whilst still presenting its pleasantly warm climate and gold beaches typical of a paradisal Latin sanctuary.
Home-types in Medellin
Medellin has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Medellin:
- Hotel: 489 vacation rentals
- House: 285 vacation rentals
- Hostel: 46 vacation rentals
- Private Room: 30 vacation rentals
- Bed and Breakfast: 22 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Medellin
Medellin has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Medellin:
- Castle Museum: 10,659 vacation rentals
- Lleras Park: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Cerro El Volador Natural Park: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Santa Fe Zoo: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Plaza Cisneros: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Palace of Culture Rafael Uribe Uribe: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Parque Pies Descalzos: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Memory House Museum: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Medellin Modern Art Museum: 7,354 vacation rentals
- Escalators Comuna 13 (Top End): 7,354 vacation rentals
Price trends in Medellin
Top destinations in Colombia