Where to stay in Cartagena
VacationRenter offers 1,873 short term rentals in Cartagena, and we’re confident you’ll find a property that falls within your needs and your budget. If you’re in search of affordable holiday homes in Cartagena, you’ll be pleased to find that 20% of local properties cost less than $33 a night. Whether you’re looking for apartments for rent near Cartagena Cathedral, Colombia, a luxurious holiday home close to Parroquia San Pedro Claver, or a place that also gives you close access to Medellin — our goal is to help you find exactly what you need. Our website offers a wide selection of rental accommodations from top travel companies like Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. It doesn’t matter if you’re on a solo travel expedition, planning a romantic getaway to Cartagena, or going on a family vacation for 4, we can match you with a vacation rental that sleeps everyone comfortably. Before you know it, you’ll be packing your bags for your trip to Cartagena!
Where Is Cartagena, Colombia?
Situated on the northern coast of Columbia in the Caribbean Coast Region, stands the city of Cartagena. Due to its strategic location between the Magdalena and Sinú rivers, the city of Cartagena has evolved into an intrinsically important trade city. The city is the capital of the Bolivar Department, and is the fifth largest city in Columbia and the second largest in the region — after Barranquilla. The city itself faces the Caribbean Sea to the west and the Cartagena Bay to the south.
What Is Cartagena Known For?
Taste a slice of the dramatic and historical pie that is Cartagena. A port city that sits on Colombia’s Caribbean coast and the capital of the Bolívar department, Cartagena is a marriage of a vibrant nightlife scene, exemplary culinary culture, and fascinating historical significance. The city itself is synonymous with Columbia; gritty, romantic, and undeniably beautiful. Whether you wander along the cobblestone lanes, revel at the sights of the colorful colonial buildings, or simply soak in the bright displays of flower-lined balconies lining the streets, Cartagena is a destination that you will want to keep coming back to.
Home-types in Cartagena
Cartagena has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Cartagena:
- Hotel: 395 vacation rentals
- House: 246 vacation rentals
- Hostel: 45 vacation rentals
- Bed and Breakfast: 21 vacation rentals
- Private Room: 11 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Cartagena
Cartagena has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Cartagena:
- Cartagena Cathedral, Colombia: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Parroquia San Pedro Claver: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Plaza Fernandez de Madrid: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Museo Naval Del Caribe: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Pier Los Pegasos: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Hotel Dann Cartagena: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Los Zapatos Viejos: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Plaza de Los Coches: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Clock Tower Monument: 4,743 vacation rentals
- Palace of the Inquisition Cartagena Historical Museum: 4,743 vacation rentals
Price trends in Cartagena
Top destinations in Colombia