Where to stay in Bowen Island
Where Is Bowen Island, British Columbia?
What Is on Bowen Island in Canada?
What to See in Bowen Island, British Columbia
- Cape Roger Curtis Lighthouse: A hidden gem on Bowen Island, Cape Roger Curtis Lighthouse is a short ferry ride from Vancouver but feels like you’ve been transported somewhere completely different. With stellar views of the ocean and parts of the mainland, Cape Roger Curtis Lighthouse offers awe-inspiring views, both in and out of the lighthouse. Home to a stunning unspoiled coastline, a serene atmosphere, and winding coastal trails, Cape Roger Curtis is concealed from the mainstream and commercial travel. Yet with its tranquil atmosphere and quasi-spiritual experiences of merely being there, that’s what makes Cape Roger Curtis and its lighthouse genuinely magical.
- Mount Gardner: An ambitious yet extremely popular hiking trail on Bowen Island, Mount Gardner is famous amongst veteran hikers and ambling strollers thanks to its majestic views of Vancouver as well as Howe Sound Islands. Passing through rolling meadows and verdant forests, Mount Gardner introduces you to the beauty and majesty of Bowen Island.
- Pebbly Beach: If you go towards the north side of Mannion Bay, you will come across the secluded Pebbly Beach. With the combination of areas dominated by powdery sand and small pebbles, this beach offers a relaxing stretch to sit down and take in the stunning seafront views. Whether you swim, sunbathe, or stretch out in the shade, Pebbly Beach has something relaxing for you to partake in.
Popular Destinations Near Bowen Island
- Vancouver: A city aplomb with fascinating neighborhoods, eclectic eateries, diverse cultural sites, outdoor activities, and stunning natural scenes, it’s no wonder that Vancouver is named one of the top five worldwide cities for quality of life. The third-largest metropolitan area in Canada, Vancouver is known for its vast cuisine, multicultural background, and the capability of flittering between snow-capped mountains and sun-drenched beaches. Sitting on nature’s doorstep, Vancouver combines the pure white of alpine slopes, golden sun-soaked beaches, and verdant green of rolling parks into one brilliantly colorful kaleidoscope. Colloquially known as “Hollywood North,” Vancouver has the third largest movie and television industry in North America, after Los Angeles and New York. However, if you want to see something a little less glamorous and more down-to-earth, check out the main heart of the city, with everything from toe-tapping music to eye-watering brilliant theatre shows.
- Gibsons: The “Gateway to the Sunshine Coast,” Gibsons is a coastal community located approximately 40 kilometers northwest of Vancouver. Home of 4,400 residents and offering retail amenities for up to 13,000, Gibsons is a kaleidoscope of rainbow-hued wooden buildings overlooking the marina, streets lined with quaint boutiques, eclectic eateries, and a waterfront wharf that offers the perfect summer afternoon stroll or boat watching trip.
Best Neighborhoods in Bowen Island
- Snug Cove: Located on the east coast of Bowen Island, just across from Horseshoe Bay on the mainland, Snug Cove is the perfect destination for a day trip from Vancouver. Quaint and unassuming, Snug Cove is true to its name. Despite not offering any big city amenities, Snug Cove offers its own brand of Canadian convenience from a tiny post office to a quaint general store. If you wish to tap into the simplicity of life in this little Canadian corner, Snug Cove is the ideal place to do it.
- Tunstall Bay: Located on the sunny west side of Bowen Island, Tunstall Bay is a sandy and rocky beach known for its sunsets. Originally a 1950s retirement community, Tunstall Bay is now open to all ages as a popular beach that attracts sailors, kayakers, and swimmers. Spend your days sunbathing and admiring the shimmering teal-hued waters or while away your evenings by watching the sunset on the magnificent horizon.
Points of interests in Bowen Island
- Sewell's Marina: 105 vacation rentals
- Whytecliff Park | West Vancouver: 105 vacation rentals
- Davies Heritage Orchard: 105 vacation rentals
- Pebbly Beach: 105 vacation rentals
- Fairy Fen Nature Reserve: 105 vacation rentals
- Opa - The Ancient Tree: 105 vacation rentals
- Mt. Gardener: 105 vacation rentals
- Davies Orchard Community Garden: 105 vacation rentals
- Cates Bay Beach: 105 vacation rentals
- Crippen Park: 105 vacation rentals