Where to stay in Catania
If you’re looking to spend a holiday in Catania, you’ve come to the right place. There are 2,164 vacation rentals available all over Catania, and we’re confident you’ll find a place that fits your needs and your budget. Affordable holiday homes in Catania start at a nightly rate of $12, with 20% of properties priced under $41 per night. Whether you’re on the hunt for a private apartment near Archaeological Complex Terme della Rotonda or a retreat close to Orto Botanico dell'Università di Catania, our mission is to help you find exactly what you need. VacationRenter offers a wide selection of holiday homes from top travel websites like Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway, Booking.com, and many more. Seeking particular amenities such as a private pool or air conditioning? You can easily filter search results with the click of a button. No matter if you’re travelling on your own, going on a romantic Italian honeymoon, or planning a trip for a group of 8, we can match you with a property that sleeps everyone comfortably. Start planning the trip of a lifetime to Catania with VacationRenter today.
Where Is Catania in Italy?
Situated in eastern Sicily in Italy, Catania is located on the Ionian seacoast, south of Mount Etna. Nearby locations include Misterbianco, Canalicchio, and Sant'Agata li Battiati. The city is 86 kilometers from Messina and 168 kilometers from Palermo.
What Is Catania, Italy Known For?
The second-largest city in Sicily, Catania is ideal for a quick Italian getaway. Despite the cacophony of noise, chaos, and unruly nature of the city, Catania still manages to maintain a certain kind of magnetic allure, seductive enough to entrap anyone within its grasp. Exuding a youthful and gritty zest, Catania is awash with super-cool bars, a bohemian free-spirit, and plenty of energy, in direct contrast to the polished and sophisticated Palermo. Within its UNESCO-listed historic core, visitors can go from atmospheric baroque piazzas at one end to domed 18th-century convents at the other. Ancient yet youthful, Catania is Sicily at its very best.
Home-types in Catania
Catania has a variety of property types for you to consider when booking a trip. Here are the most popular property types in Catania:
- Condo: 1,190 vacation rentals
- House: 510 vacation rentals
- Bed and Breakfast: 363 vacation rentals
- Hotel: 61 vacation rentals
- Villa: 19 vacation rentals
Points of interests in Catania
Catania has several popular points of interest for you to check out when visiting the area. Here are the most popular points of interest in Catania:
- Archaeological Complex Terme della Rotonda: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Orto Botanico dell'Università di Catania: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Teatro Massimo Bellini: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Roman Theatre of Catania: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Church of the Abbey of Saint Agatha: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Church of Saint Benedict: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Roman Amphitheater of Catania: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Museo Storico dello Sbarco in Sicilia 1943: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Fontana dell'Elefante: 4,135 vacation rentals
- Piazza del Duomo, Catania: 4,135 vacation rentals
Price trends in Catania
Top destinations in Sicily
Top destinations in Italy