If you're looking for a vacation rental, there is much to do here besides college football:
- Alabama Museum of Natural History: This keeps visitors busy for hours exploring animal skeletons, dinosaur fossils, and rocks and minerals from across the globe.
- Tuscaloosa Museum of Art: Creative individuals will appreciate the eye-catching works on display here.
- Historic homes: History buffs enjoy touring notable Southern homes like the Jemison-Van de Graaff Mansion, Murphy-Collins House and Battle-Friedman House.
- Lake Lurleen State Park: About 12 miles northwest of Tuscaloosa, Lake Lurleen State Park offers plenty of opportunity for swimming, boating, fishing, picnicking, hiking, biking, and camping.
- Late-night activities: When travelers need a respite after a busy day, downtown Tuscaloosa offers a vibrant food and bar scene close to comfortable vacation rental options.